Monday 14 December 2009

Front cover

This is the front cover of the music magazine that I created for my main task. I wanted the background of the page and the photo itself to be in black and white, this is because I thought it looked more professional this way and I wanted the text to be in red so it would contrast against the black background and be more eye catching for the audience.


I wanted the girl in the main picture to look as if she was working on a song, so I had the girl holding a microphone in one hand and she was holding headphones up to her ear in the other. I had her looking away from the camera to give a more natural effect and to make the audience think that a spontaneous photo had just been taken whilst she was working.


I gave my magazine the masthead 'CLASH'. I decided to call it this after the band 'The Clash' that had a far reaching influence on the alternative rock genre which is the theme of my magazine.


I put puffs such as, 'Exclusive' and 'Plus' on my front cover to gain the audiences attention and make them want to read the magazine to find out more. I put a bar code on the right side of the page, I did this to make it look more like a professional magazine because most music magazines have a bar code on them so the audience can identify the issue number and price of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment